6 Reasons to Have Your Carpet Professionally Cleaned & Who to Hire
Whether you live alone, with roommates, children or pets, having your carpets professionally cleaned 2 times a year is integral to leading a healthy, conscious life.
We all know how important the quality of our air is to our health. But what most of us don’t realize is just how much our carpets affect the quality of our air.
Our family is super busy and sometimes can be caught drinking/snacking/crafting around the house… when things get spilled on the carpet, it gets sprayed with carpet stain remover, wiped off and left to dry as my attention gets caught somewhere else. Later, when I see the stain out of the corner of my eye, I tell myself I will steam it out one of these days and busy myself with something else… Sound familiar?!
When we were moving recently, I thought it was time to have the carpets professionally cleaned as the stains had become… pretty apparent!! So I started doing some research on having your carpet professionally cleaned and I have to share what I have found because I now realize just how important having your carpet professionally cleaned is (and I will be doing it at least 2 times a year from now on!!) 😉
6 Reasons to have your carpet professionally cleaned
- To maintain your health! Here’s the short: Carpets trap pollutants like human and pet dander, bug allergens, lead, particle pollution, volatile organic compounds, gases, and bi-pollutants. Then we walk over them, grinding them in and releasing the toxic fumes that these pollutants create into our air. When it rains or is humid out or you spill a liquid, that moisture seeps into the carpet encouraging mold growth, which again releases toxic fumes when we walk across it. Or worse, when our children crawl or play on the floor… Vacuuming often, at least 3 times a week, helps, but is not enough. By being conscious of this and having your carpets professionally cleaned 2 times a year is the only way to effectively combat all of these pollutants and will keep your air pure.
- To prolong the life of your carpet. Carpeting can often times be the third or fourth largest expense for homeowners making it quite an investment. It is important to protect our investments, and by having your carpet professionally cleaned, you will get more out of your investment. Your carpets will look better, feel better and last longer giving you way more bang for your buck by simply having your carpet professionally cleaned 2 times a year.
- To clear out dust mites. Dust mites are microscopic, most homeowners don’t even realize they are there. Having your carpet professionally cleaned is the best way to get these little stinkers out of your carpets doing damage.
- To remove the stains giving your home that fresh, clean feeling. There is nothing more satisfying than having all of the stains removed from your carpet and bringing them back to looking brand new by having your carpet professionally cleaned. Being in a clean environment just naturally makes us feel motivated and good about ourselves, it is a win-win!
- To make your carpet easier to maintain. Dry soils make up most carpet stains. By having your carpet professionally cleaned on a regular basis, most dry soils can be removed with regular vacuuming and they will be protected from long term damage.
- Studies have shown that hot water extraction (what the professional carpet cleaners do) is simply the best way to remove all pollutants from the carpets because of the high heat and the fact that the pollutants are fully removed from the home in the truck of the professional carpet cleaning crew. The crew then safely and consciously disposes of it.
Who to hire to have your carpet professionally cleaned
This was the big question for me. I did my research and found Approved Carpet Care in Thousand Oaks and Malibu.
Here is what I looked for:
- Are they certified, licensed and insured?
- Are there any reviews on them?
- Do you know anyone who has used them?
- How many reviews are there?
- How long do they take to get back to your inquiry?
- Do they take the time to explain the process to you?
- Can they answer your questions?
Approved Carpet Care here in the Thousand Oaks, Malibu area met all of my criteria. They came highly recommended and I love that it is a family-owned, conscious company. They were quick to respond to me, answered all of my questions and even schooled me on lots of interesting info.
I will be posting my full review on my experience with Approved Carpet Care on Monday. I’m embarrassed to say that our carpets were not in great condition when the Approved Carpet Care team arrived… But when they left – it literally looked like someone had put new carpeting in! I am amazed at how clean they got our carpets.
Be sure to check back Monday for my experience with Approved Carpet Care, I took some pretty dramatic before and afters…
Cheers and healthy breathing!
Malibu Mama Loves Xx