How To Disinfect Our Indoor Air
Something that we don’t often think about is the air we breathe and how that affects us. With the introduction of using extremely harsh chemicals in cleaning products, furniture and clothes around the second world war, our homes have been on a steady incline to being very polluted. Indoor air pollution is at an all time high.
In fact, as of 2002 it is estimated that 20% of deaths in children under 5 around the world are due to acute respiratory infection – from their indoor pollutants.
Not only are we breathing it in, but our skin is our largest organ and is quick to absorb up to 64% of air pollutants putting them right into our blood stream.
Sounds scary, right?
It doesn’t have to be! There are a lot of things you can do! Changing your cleaning products and skin care products is a great first step. Getting some air filtering house plants (see my full list of what each plant filters here Nasty Toxins) is an excellent – and easy – next step!
You know I like to take things to the next level, the most conscious level, right? So the next step is to start using an essential oil diffuser to disinfect our indoor air, something I am just starting to play with now!
Natrogix recently sent me their new Totem Essential Oil Diffuser to test and review and I have to say, I am loving how this machine.
How To Use The Natrogix Totem Essential Oil Diffuser
The Natrogix Totem Essential Oil Diffuser arrived quickly, packed in an appropriate box and in perfect condition.
I was pleasantly surprised to find a coupon (20% off) that came with my diffuser to order Natrogix Bliss essential oils so I will be sure to try theirs next time. However, I knew it did not come with any essential oil so I had already ordered some.
It also comes with a complete list of instructions and a troubleshooting guide. The parts were well marked and it was super easy to put together. You simply twist off the top, add 150ml or less of water using the measuring cup that comes with it, add a few drops of essential oils of your choice, twist the top back on, push a button and viola… a light mist starts pouring out and your indoor air begins to get fresher and healthier!
What I Love About The Natrogix Totem Essential Oil Diffuser
Four things I love the most –
- How it freshens up and disinfects the air in the entire room.
- How easy it is to use and keep clean.
- The LED light featuring 7 colors! You can keep it on one color or have it change slowly, it is so pretty! You can also choose between 2 brightness settings, a perfect accent to any room!
- That it is durable, light and VERY easy to travel with! Ever stayed in a hotel room with a crazy smell? Bringing this little gem with you will not only correct what stinks, but also purify your indoor air – a win/win!
— Malibu Mama Loves® (@MalibuMamaLoves) September 13, 2017
How To Use The Natrogix Totem Essential Oil Diffuser to Disinfect Our Indoor Air
My favorite essential oil combination for disinfecting our indoor air is:
- 1 drop Eucalyptus – this sterilizes the air and is great for fighting nasal congestion and coughing to prevent infections from getting in. Plus it smells really lovely and will boost your spirits!
- 1 drop Ravensara – this disinfects the air and is great at fighting flu. It’s antiseptic, antimicrobial and antiviral qualities keep the air pure while it’s expectorant and immunomodulant actions help you feel better faster when sick.
- 1 drop Tea Tree – excellent for respiratory conditions, tea tree is an effective antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial essential oil that really disinfects our indoor air.
You can add or try different essential oils in your diffuser. I like to add in lavender in the evenings to help promote sleep. The Natrogix Totem Essential Oil Diffuser is so easy to clean, it makes changing essential oils a breeze and will keep your home fresh and (almost) pollutant free!
If you don’t have a diffuser yet, I highly recommend this one. You can buy it here on Amazon to get started purifying your indoor air asap! I know how happy I was when I first used it and how much I continue to use it!
What are your favorite essential oil combinations for the Natrogix Totem Essential Oil Diffuser?
Malibu Mama Loves Xxx