7 Ways To Find Your Path Today
‘Sometimes the bad things that happen to us put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us’.
Though it can be hard to see through the bad times, I do believe they make the good times that much better! Bad times can be great learning times, if you have the right perspective and motivation.
It can be hard to find your path, especially with so many different options (and hurdles) that modern society offers us today. Our true callings do not always jump out at us. Sometimes we need to look/listen for them, take time to search ourselves, our world, our endless possibilities – they are there if we are willing to see them.
And in the meantime, there are 7 things you can be doing to find your path today bringing your life purpose and peace.
- Let Go. The hardest, but the first necessary step to finding your path. Letting go, forgiving, moving on. If you are still upset or holding onto hurt/anger from something that may not have worked out than you are just holding yourself back. If you are frustrated because everyone else in your life seems to know what they are doing, but you don’t, than you are just holding yourself back by focusing on that. There is nothing you can do about it except learn from it and carry that knowledge moving forward. And once you let it go, you open yourself up to many amazing things. You allow your brain to start focusing on what can be instead of what was and you will begin to realize what path you should be on.
- Focus on the positive. The power of positive is huge. The laws of attraction work wonders, once you open yourself up to them. Focusing on everything you do have in your life, utilizing your natural assets already within your possession, your path will become clearer. Being positive, spreading positive energy invites more positive into your life.
- Be open to dreams and signs. I love sleeping with a notepad next to my bed and writing the dreams that stick with me when I wake up. Reading them later, being open to different signs and dreams that I have all have helped me find and stay on my path. Our subconscious has a great way of letting us know if we are on the right path, but most of us don’t listen to it, or are so clouded and bogged down from day to day tasks that we can’t hear it. Being conscious of it and listening will create the change we want.
- Make a list of your priorities. Sit down with pen and paper and let your mind go thinking about all of the things that are most important to you. Organize them, think next about what is most important, and how you can make that happen.
- Shut out any distractions. Too often we get frustrated and lost and turn to social media or binge watching Netflix to distract us for focusing on how to get ourselves on the right path. It takes will power, but I know you can do it – shut down the internet, get a pen and paper out and focus on what makes you feel good.
- Try it! Don’t just think about it, read about it or write about – try it! Things are not going to just fall into our lap, we need to be willing to risk it all and try something differently or new to land on our path of happiness. And if it doesn’t work out the first time, don’t be afraid to try the next, because that is all we can do.
- Appreciate. Appreciating what we already have, what we already can do well, what we already know is an important step to getting on the right path. Click here to read more about how amazing things are when you begin to appreciate what you do have and what is possible.
One of my favorite Rumi quotes speaks volumes to this:
Don’t worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?
Are you ready to see how fantastic life can be when you find your path?
Malibu Mama Loves Xxx