5 Ways You Can Get Involved In Domestic Violence Awareness Month Today!
The ugly truth is that we all know someone effected by domestic violence in some way,behind the scenes or otherwise. It is common to think ‘well they are staying in that situation, so I’ll just let them deal with it’. It is easier for some people to just pretend it is not going on.
But the easy way is not always the best way. In fact some of the best things that have ever been accomplished in this world took an incredible amount of work and effort to create. And doesn’t a world without domestic violence sound pretty incredible?
It is totally possible. The good news is that anyone can easily get involved in raising awareness for domestic violence today. We all have beautiful voices, we just have to get past our fear and use them. AND we all can keep the conversation going all year. Join me and Take A Stand against domestic violence. Knowledge is power.
Did you know: Domestic #victimization is correlated w a higher rate of #depression & suicidal behavior. https://t.co/pEUSkgSHB7 #RT @NCADV #DVAM #Domesticviolence #TakeAStand #SurvivorSpeaks #Enddomesticviolence #DVFacts
— Malibu Mama Loves® (@MalibuMamaLoves) October 7, 2019
If you are currently in danger or experiencing domestic violence on any level, please, please, please call the national domestic violence hotline now at 1-800-799-7233. It is anonymous, and they can and will help YOU. Or Drop Me A Line and I will help however I can. You are NOT alone.
5 Ways You Can Get Involved In Domestic Violence Awareness Month Today
- Let Go Of Your Fears. It’s time to stop being afraid to talk about it. Whether you are a victim or an advocate, let go of your fear to talk about it. It’s time for our voices to be heard. It’s time for us to stand together. It’s time for those of us with strength to be a rock for someone in need to climb onto. Healing can begin in that first conversation, so let go of your fears on talking about domestic violence and get a dialogue started. Here are10 Easy Ways to Support A Domestic Violence Survivor to help you get going.
- Get Connected With The NCADV today, click here. Sign up for their newsletter which is always packed with good info, follow them (and me!) on your favorite social media channels and let’s get connected on our journey to end domestic violence. The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence website has tons of great information to help you get out or to help you offer help to someone in need. They have been around since the 70’s and was created by survivor’s to help survivors. Click here to join NCADV.
- Get Informed. Google anything you can think of with domestic violence and learn. Read. Share. Grow. Awaken. There is so much information at our finger tips, utilize it. Call the helpline, even if you are just offering help to someone in need, they can guide you. If you are scared, they are friendly and reliable. They can help you create a plan. Google and learn, there is a way out. Knowledge is power… (oops, did I already say that?! 😉)
- Share & Raise Awareness. We all have some social media channel at this point, from Instagram to facebook to pinterest, share posts like this and great information you may find on NCADV website with friends and family. Use those beautiful voices to talk about it. To let someone know you are there to help. That life does not have to be lived in pain. See beyond our fears and let our voices be heard that domestic violence is not ok. Share this pin:
- Get Involved With Congress. Let your voice be heard loud and clear with our government. Connect with your reps today and find out how you can help on a larger scale. Find your US Senators here Find Your US House Reps here
Speaking out, keeping the conversation going, and constantly learning new ways to help are how we will end domestic violence together. Where there is a will there is a way, and us survivors… let me tell you, we have a strong @ss will…!!!
Cheers, Peace and Love
Malibu Mama Loves Xx