6 Ways Family Travel Will Make You A Happier Person
The results are in, science has spoken and this is something we should all be listening too!! The fact is we should be spending all of our extra money on travel and family travel experiences – straight away! That travel is the secret to true happiness.
A study from Cornell found that spending money on experiences is more likely to bring you lasting happiness than you would get if you spent your money on material objects. And at the most recent Happiness 360 Conference, such an overwhelming amount of research was presented connecting travel and happiness that it is hard to ignore!
It makes sense too. Because think about that shiny new trinket we have been saving up for. Once we have it, you know something else will pop up that we want more now and the trinket will get pushed to the back of the drawer, forgotten and bringing decreased amounts of happiness for your dollar. BUT, spending that money on a day trip or putting it towards a flight will be something you look back upon forever that will bring you instant and lasting joy, for that same dollar!
Makes sense, right?
Now check this out:
6 Ways Family Travel will Make you a Happier Person!
- Travel Rewires (and Rejuvenates) Your Brain. Neuroscientists have proven that new experiences will build new neuropathways in the brain, rewiring it to increase creativity and compassion leading to a healthier, happier you! Stepping outside of your daily habits and into the unknown gives your brain a break and a chance to rest and refresh when you are traveling. So it is a win-win!
- Family Travel Helps You Realize That Buying Material Things Do Not Mean Happiness. When you travel, much of the time you are living in the present moment. Enjoying it as it unfolds, storing it away to remember forever. It is in that present moment that you realize that you are completely and totally happy and content in a way that is far greater than when you buy something new.
- Family Travel Will Help You Appreciate Your Friends and Your Family. A family trip gives you the time to reflect on your life and those around you. It gives you a chance to have fun with your family while appreciating your friends as you miss them. Travel gives you the opportunity to appreciate so much and helps you understand just how lucky you are to have those around you.
- Family Travel Will Help Build Your Self-Confidence By Making You Deal With Unexpected Situations. The time inevitably comes when we have to deal with something unpleasant whilst on the road – delayed flight, lost reservations, major language barrier… whatever it may be, handling it will build your self confidence by showing yourself that you can overcome anything to get where you need to go! Take that ego!!
- Family Travel Will Introduce You To New People. Meeting people during your experiences when traveling is one of the biggest benefits to getting out there. The bond created out of doing something new, or surviving some crazy situation together will help you forge friendships that you will cherish for a lifetime. Some of my closest friends are people I have met when traveling.
- Family Travel Will Make You A More Interesting Person. The experiences you collect on the road will leave you with fascinating stories that you will cherish and share forever. They will build character in you and give you something to talk about forever!!
These are a few of the ways in which traveling will make you happier! I hope you are ready to pack your bags and go!! The anticipation and excitement of taking a trip will make you a happier person too!! It’s a win-win all around!
Cheers and safe travels!!
Malibu Mama Loves Xx