Conscious Parenting: 20 Questions That Will Get Your Child Talking All About Their Day
I think every parent on the planet asks every day after school “How was your day today?” only to be told “Fine”, “Good”, “Bad” – a one word answer that basically tells us nothing!! You just want to hear about their day and get your child talking!
It can be uber frustrating when you are really wanting to know what they have been up to or how they are, right?
Conscious parenting is all about finding the right balance and the right way with your children. So here are 20 other questions you can ask when you meet after school that will get your child talking all about their day with you!
20 Questions That Will Get Your Child Talking All About Their Day
- Did anything exciting happen today?
- Who did you have lunch with today?
- What did you play during recess?
- Who did you play with at recess?
- Did anyone make you smile today?
- Did you do anything nice to make someone else smile today?
- What was your biggest challenge today?
- If one of your classmates were to be the teacher for a day, who would you choose?
- What was one thing you did today that was helpful for the teacher?
- What was the hardest rule to follow today?
- Does your teacher remind you of anyone else? Who?
- Which kid in your class is your exact opposite? Do you get along?
- What is your favorite part of the school day?
- If you were the teacher for a day tomorrow, what would you teach the class?
- Who is your favorite friend at school?
- What do you think of the playground rules?
- What was your proudest moment of the day?
- What do you have for homework tonight?
- How do you feel about the amount of homework, are you prepared for it?
- If school was a ride at an amusement park, which ride would it be?
Choosing any of these questions instead of “how was your day?” is sure to spark an interesting fun conversation that will give you great insight into your child’s mind!
Cheers and happy chatting!
Malibu Mama Loves Xx