Conscious Living: 6 Tips To Stay Healthy During The Holidays
Worried about packing on the pounds this holiday season? I always used to be!
All of the events and parties with the delicious party foods and desserts… oh my. And the dinners…, just the thoughts have my mouth watering! I used to put lots of weight on during the holidays. Until I became more conscious. My body is my temple, I need to treat it right. But that doesn’t mean I can’t splurge here and there, it just means I need to be more mindful of it.
So I changed my mindset, and came upon a few realizations that really help me stay healthy during the holidays. I hope they will help you too! These are a few conscious hacks that you can start doing right now to keep you healthy through the holidays and all of the extra yummy foods that come with them.
6 Tips To Stay Healthy During The Holidays
- Choose indulgences carefully and proportionately. We all know our weaknesses. So don’t pretend, plan instead! If you know you want more desserts, have less starches (potatoes or rice) during the meal and vice versa. Don’t overdo it. You can enjoy a few bites of something you love without needing to eat a heaping amount. Balance!!
- Stay hydrated. Water makes up more than 60% of our body. During the holiday seasons we tend to drink more booze than water which will quickly pack on the pounds. Water will not only flush this away faster, but will make us feel better as our bodies function better when we are.
- Slow down! Eat slower. Take your time, it is not a race! The slower you eat, the faster you will fill up with less food, keeping your belly full and you happy without all of the excess. Moderation is key!
- Don’t stand next to your favorite snack! This is a surefire way to overdo it. When at an event or party, don’t park yourself next to the food, it is too tempting! Instead make yourself a good plate and move away!
- Exercise whenever possible and plan physical activities around big meal times. Get your body moving, it helps it to digest your food and process better. You will also feel better. Taking walks, playing games, hitting the gym, whatever you like, it’s extra important to exercise during the holidays.
- Change your mindset! It’s not what you don’t get to eat or how much, it is that you do get to eat enough to feel good and enjoy it! Focus on the positives. Adopt an “everything in moderation” mantra and you will get through the holidays while keeping your good health!
What are your great tips to stay healthy during the holiday season?
Malibu Mama Loves Xx