Taste of Conejo 2017
On Friday November 17th, 2017 The Conejo Valley Chamber of Commerce held it’s 9th annual Taste of Conejo Event at The Four Seasons Westlake. It was an amazing event, packed with a-list vendors, outstanding entertainment and lots of great people!
What is The Taste of Conejo Event?
The Taste of Conejo Event is an incredible evening filled with wine and food tastings from local vendors, great entertainment and so much more.
Valet parking is free with a VIP ticket or only $10 with the regular ticket. Upon parking, you enter into the beautifully decorated Four Seasons and are directed to the ballroom.
There where people there to check you in, hand you a wine glass and tasting tray and send you on your way! At the first table they were there to engrave your name into your Taste of Conejo wine glass. I loved that they thought to do this because it ads such a personal touch to the evening!
And then begins the wine and food tables. There were so many great labels, restaurants and markets there offering good size portions. There also were several banks, a spa giving you the chance to win free treatments, Los Robles reps spreading the good news that they have a new food menu at the hospital promoting all fresh, local foods put together by an expert chef (their food tasted incredible btw), juice companies and bakeries with the most delectable treats.
For entertainment this year, they had dueling pianists Craig Hendry and Rick Vanderkliejn. They were great, amazing us with their musical talent and taking people’s requests. They were set up in the center of the room with all of the tables around them giving the tasting a nice flow.
Should I Go To The Next Taste of Conejo Event?
Yes! It will be their 10th so I imagine it will be even more fun, if that is possible!! Whether you fly solo or go for a date night with your loved one, a girls or boys night out, or make a weekend of it, it is one of the premiere events of this area and well worth attending.
One of the things I love about traveling the most is finding great local events like this to attend. It gives you a real taste of the local flavor. Being at the Four Seasons, you can easily book a room for the weekend, and try the following itinerary –
- Check in at 3pm, get freshened up and ready for the Taste of Conejo event at 4pm.
- Attend the event and have a blast.
- Have a night cap in one of the Four Seasons excellent bars or restaurants and retire to your room (or have a bottle sent up to your room for a romantic end to your night… just an idea lol).
- Breakfast in bed via room service (the food is yummy), get dressed and head down to Malibu Country Mart to have a walk around and grab a nice lunch (we love Café Habana there, but there are lots of great choices).
- After lunch and a bit of shopping, cross the street to take a walk on the beach and head back to the Four Seasons after.
- Utilize the gorgeous pool and great Spa at the Four Seasons for the late afternoon – spend it relaxing!!
- The Four Seasons has good restaurants or you could venture into Westlake for dinner – Mediteraneo is one of my favorites for dinner and less than a 5 minute drive from the Four Seasons.
- Get checked out and head over to Malibu Café for brunch. Then you can choose to take another walk on the beach or a nice hike, we have loads around here!
You can even work the kids in and make it a family trip! They will have a blast doing all of these things and the Four Seasons has a babysitting service you can utilize for Friday night.
No matter how you want to do it, The Taste of Conejo is so fun and a great reason to come out for the night or visit Southern California for the weekend.
I had such a great time and I really hope I get to see you there next year! I can’t wait to see what they have in store for the 10th Annual Taste of Conejo event!
Cheers and safe travels!
Malibu Mama Loves Xxx