31 Ways To Give Back This Holiday Season
Have you ever heard of the ripple effect? How one small act can lead to something big and amazing?
When you share small acts of kindness, you are in fact doing much more than you think. Kindness is contagious, and the more acts of kindness done, the more cheer there will be in this world. Giving back and being kind will not only make you feel good, but it will make the recipients feel good and will inspire others to feel good. So why not try it?
There are 31 days in December. We have put together a list of 31 Ways to Give Back This Holiday Season. Challenge yourself to pick one each day and go for it! Let’s make this the best Holiday Season ever!
31 Ways to Give Back This Holiday Season
- Smile at a stranger. Remember that ripple effect? Smiling is highly contagious, if you smile at the person behind you in line, pretty soon the whole shop/office will be smiling – try it!
- Call a dear friend whom you haven’t talked to in a while.
- Write a thank you note.
- Find an old purse/bag that you no longer use, fill it with necessities and drop it off to the homeless person on the corner.
- Pay for someone’s layaway… anonymously.
- Offer to help an elderly neighbor with their yardwork or their groceries.
- Visit an elderly home or hospital ward and spread some smiles.
- Collect and bring a box of toys to a children’s hospital.
- Clean out your closets and make a huge donation to your local shelter.
- Clean out your garage and make a donation to your local shelter or gift things to a family in need.
- Get involved in a charity event.
- Give a random, unexpected compliment every day.
- Leave a note and a flower in a friend’s mailbox whom you know needs some cheering up.
- Donate blood.
- Buy a cup of coffee for the person in front of you or behind you in line, just because!
- Organize a party for your kids to make cookies and drawings to send to our troops overseas for the holidays. (Here is where to send them)
- Buy a journal for a friend enduring a difficult season and use the first page to share some wisdom.
- Collect cans of food for your local food bank.
- Spread good news about a friend, celebrate with them.
- Bake something yummy, wrap it with holiday cheer and deliver it to one (or several) of your neighbors.
- Go caroling!! Such a fun tradition that is becoming extinct, try bringing it back in your neighborhood by organizing a caroling party! Your neighbors will be thrilled!
- Offer to help an elderly (or pregnant) person with their groceries at the market.
- Send out personal holiday cards to your friends and family, they are like opening a smile!
- Be forgiving. Find it in your heart to forgive those that have wronged you.
- Invite a lonely neighbor in for a meal.
- Make special holiday cards with your kids to give to our veterans. (Here is where to send them)
- Do something special for your child’s teacher, before the holiday. They do so much for our children each day, it is nice to do something unexpected for them.
- Donate some food and blankets to your local animal shelter.
- The holiday season is a crazy time which everyone reacts to in their own way. Try to be more understanding of others and what their motivations really are.
- By appreciating what we have, we are giving back to the universe and our communities by being thankful. After all, we are so lucky to be living this life!
What are the great ways you give back during the holiday season?
Malibu Mama Loves Xxx