22 Reasons to Be Thankful in 2022
I love this time of year, the holiday season is finally here!! The giving spirit is everywhere in the air, the decorations and festivities bringing joy to everyone, there is so much to be thankful for.
As much as we love the holidays, it can also be stressful for many – myself included. So I always like to make sure I focus on the positive and appreciate what I do have to keep myself on a peaceful path.
With that in mind, let’s kick off this week of Thanksgiving with –
22 Reasons to Be Thankful in 2022
- Our Children – mine light up my life, have the ability to pull me out of even my deepest pain and give me more joy and love than anything else ever has in my life. They are my number 1.
- My healing journey – 2022 was a rough year in which I experienced many challenges. But it has lead me to here and taught me many invaluable life lessons for which I am thankful.
- Our families – they laugh with us, they cry with us, they push us, they challenge us, they catch us when we fall. Thank God for our families.
- Our friends and communities – they add so much light and love to our daily journey’s, our chosen tribe brings so much color our worlds.
- Technology – allows us to travel safely, communicate with people we would not be able to otherwise, and keeps us all connected.
- Mother Nature! Isn’t she just the most beautiful thing???
- Our Mistakes – yup, you read that right! I am quite thankful for all my mistakes as really, they were just steep learning curves and brought so much wisdom into my life.
- Our Choices – the fact that we get to choose happiness, choose our tribes, choose our foods, choose our homes and cars, choose our clothes makes me feel so so blessed.
- Time – I am thankful for each and every second I get to have here. Time is our biggest asset and I am very grateful to still have time.
- Traveling – we are fortunate to live in a time where travel is so comfortable and easy. We all should take advantage of it and get out there to experience life.
- Community progress – I am thankful for our roads, electricity, running water, first responders and police/fire forces that are there for us in every emergency. I appreciate all the town and state workers who keep our towns clean and safe.
- Love – on every level. It hurts, it heals, it’s messy, it’s amazing.
- Our health – without it we have nothing.
- Our gardens – giving us food and beautiful flowers that make us feel so good.
- The ability to express our creativity – I’m so thankful for art, the decorations around the holidays, seeing how each of us expresses our creativity differently and appreciating all of it.
- Music – it has the ability to change our mood and brings us peace and joy.
- Grocery stores, pharmacies and farmer’s markets – I am so thankful to live in a country that provides us with such easy access to food, medicines and local products. It is not like this everywhere in the world and we are so fortunate to have them here.
- Streaming TV/Movies – how awesome are Netflix, Amazon Prime and all the other streaming services?! With the press of a button we can immerse ourselves in entertainment for hours – right in our own homes.
- Educational Institutions – our schools are some of the best in the world. I am so thankful to have access for my children and I to them.
- Social Media – it gives us a way to stay connected, learn more about each other and find great solutions to problems we may be having. Connect with me here @malibumamaloves.
- The gym! Having a place to go to that is all about getting healthy and fit is the best.
- You! I am so thankful for you, for your continued support as I navigate through this crazy life.
Malibu Mama Loves Xx