7 Reasons to Renew Your Wedding Vows and How
When I became engaged and started the wedding planning, I was torn.
I wanted a big wedding with all of our friends and family, but I also wanted a destination wedding – something exotic!
Of course, what my mother wanted trumped it all, so a fun, big friends and family affair in Newport, RI it was! And I hoped that on our 10th wedding anniversary, we would have another one, a destination wedding this time.
Our 10th wedding anniversary is coming up this September and I am just starting my planning.
Though my reasons today are much different for wanting to renew my wedding vows than I thought they would be 10 years ago.
7 Reasons to Renew Your Wedding Vows
- To appreciate each other. In this society, for a marriage to last 10 years, through all of the ups and downs that are common in every marriage, is increasingly rare. A great way to celebrate and honor these 10 years is to renew your wedding vows during an epic family vacation!
- To reconfirm your love for each other. Those bumps were bumpy. It is nice to hear out loud that our life-partner still would not choose anyone else to be with.
- Renewing your vows will re-ignite a spark in your relationship, especially if you do a destination wedding vows renewal. It is something for you both to get excited about, talk about and have fun planning together.
- To show your children and family members that your bond is stronger than ever. When you renew your wedding vows and involving your children in it will strengthen the family bond and show them what a healthy relationship looks like.
- It is a great excuse to take a family vacation! It is no secret that I think family travel is the spice of life and is what keeps us on the conscious living path. What better reason to book a family vacation to an all-inclusive resort now than to renew your vows in front of your children?
- It is totally affordable. Resorts and airlines are offering all-inclusive packages with great deals for groups over 10 – there are so many deals to be had it would be a shame not to take advantage of them!!
- It is a great reason for a family reunion. What better purpose to gather all of the family and friends that you love but don’t get to see very often?
How to Renew Your Wedding Vows
Any way you want!
It can be big with everyone you know, or small and intimate with you and your partner.
Think about your relationship, talk it over with your mate. Does a destination wedding vow renewal sound good, or a small ceremony someplace local?
I am looking at several different all-inclusive resorts to host our vow renewal in September. I like the all-inclusive option best as most resorts have an event planner on hand to help with the details. This way my family and our guests can relax and have a good time without sweating the small stuff– we can let the professionals handle all of that!
It just takes a little planning (here is how to use the internet to plan your next vacation) and an appreciative spouse!
What are your great reasons for renewing your wedding vows?
Malibu Mama Loves Xx