Travel During Quarantine
It’s been a while since I have shared a travel post. Covid has changed the face of everything, being quarantined has definitely impacted our travel habits, wants and needs, among other things. Many are frightened of travel during quarantine.
The reality is, Covid is here to stay. It is not going away and even if they come out with a vaccine, it will be a decade at least before we know it’s true effect. Life has to change. Humans need to evolve. And we can, we just need a Common Sense Approach to Covid-19.
Just as we are transforming our daily habits and our mindsets, we can create safe travel procedures. Because missing family and all of the great things out there is just no longer an option. There are so many waysTravel Is Good For Your Mental Health, so many ways Travel Will Help You Overcome Your Fears, so many ways Travel Keeps You Conscious, that it is time to pack a bag, follow some new protocols and head on out for a bit.
7 Tips For Travel During Quarantine
- Gain a strong understanding of what Covid-19 is, how it is transferred, symptoms, testing procedures. All of it. Knowledge is power and this is the single most important thing you can do to keep yourself and your family alive. Know how it works and what you need to stay away from. Understand what travel during quarantine looks like, before you go.
- Get your supplies. You will need: face shield, mask, plenty of disposable plastic gloves (which I hate, but you don’t want to touch any surfaces in airports, train or bus stations), antibacterial wipes, antibacterial air mist spray, your own straw for drinking so you do not need to touch any surfaces with your lips. Using all of these tools will effectively help you fend off Covid-19 and keep you safer.
- Prepare your mindset. Travel in this new world is different, but it doesn’t mean life is over. It just means we need to take new precautions, be aware, be clean and most importantly to be smart. So it is important to take time to reassure yourself you are being as safe as possible. That travel is necessary on some level and it can still be safely done.
- Wash your hands A LOT with soap and water for at least 20 seconds – we sing the happy birthday song 2x. Use hand sanitizer as often as possible as well, making sure your sanitizer has at least 70% alcohol in it.
- Bring snacks, limit your time at restaurants and shops in major travel hubs.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Pay attention to those around you and avoid getting close to anyone unknown. Use your tools to keep your space clean!
- Wear lots of layers so you can remove things as you change places. Keep discarded layers and clothing in a bag until you reach a washing machine to decontaminate them.
Travel is now and always will be such a necessary part of the human experience. Yes, we need to be more cautious, but that doesn’t mean to hang up our hats and give in. Travel during quarantine is completely possible.
Life is still out there waiting to be lived, healing and positive energy is all around us, life will go on!
Cheers and happy traveling!
Malibu Mama Loves Xx