What Makes You Happy?
But I think most of us are looking in the wrong place.
— Malibu Mama Loves (@MalibuMamaLoves) September 10, 2014
5 Easy Ways to be Happy!
1. Appreciate! This is a biggie. Appreciate what you already have right down to the smallest thing – your toothbrush! Find pleasure in the things you already do have: a loved one, a favorite tool or car, a hobby, a sport or activity, etc…
2. Be Grateful! Remember your please and thank you’s and share your smile more often! Smiling naturally boosts your mood! Being kind to others makes them more pleasant as well so happiness all around!!
3. Breathe! I say it often for almost everything. I feel like today we are rushing around from this to that and are so busy we forget to take the time to stop and take deep breathes. Stopping to take between 6-8 slow breathes in through the nose out through the mouth will oxygenate the blood and make us to feel more happy instantly.
4. Be Curious! Try to view life as an adventure and get excited for whatever is around the corner. Who knows what may happen in the morning….!!
5. Do something nice for someone else! Volunteer, surprise a co-worker with a coffee, make your child’s favorite dinner one night, or surprise your mate with a hug and “an invitation (!!!!)”. Find out how good it feels to do something nice for someone else!
Subscribe to receive my eBook Treat Yourself Well, 8 Simple Steps for Better Living for more great, simple tips on how to be happier! I share my secret to happiness with all of my readers and I am offering it free for a limited time!
Every day for the next 7 days, I am going to start my day with a post on what made me happy the day before. I invite you to do this with me. Let’s spread some joy!
Cheers and Happy Thoughts!
Malibu Mama Loves Xx