Conscious Living Toolbox
As we move into the New Year, with our goals and intention word fresh on our minds it is important to make sure our conscious living toolbox is primed and ready!
No, I’m not talking about hammers and drills. I’m talking about your conscious toolbox. How you keep yourself on track, healthy and aware; mentally, emotionally and physically.
While we talk more about awareness, an important tool in our conscious living toolbox, we need to acknowledge and sharpen our other tools to keep our awareness and choices sharp. During times of stress, depression, fear, anger and trauma we need our conscious living toolbox to help us cope.
What Is A Conscious Living Toolbox?
Our conscious living toolbox is filled with tools that can help us make good choices, accomplish our goals and live a conscious life. It is a mental place where we keep practical wellness strategies to reduce stress and improve focus and wellness. It is all about awareness.
Awareness of how we are all connected, how our choice affects so much, how we interact with people, how we raise our children, how we spend our money, how we eat, how we earn our money, how we need nature and it is each of our responsibilities to care for nature and more.
Tools For Every Conscious Living Toolbox
Everyone’s toolbox looks a little different and that is ok. But here is a list of the main tools you will need to stay on track. I have discussed them individually before, now we need to put them all together and acknowledge how much power each of us carries within.
- Eat clean. Learn how your body is affected by various foods and start to read labels, knowledge is our biggest and best tool EVER!! This is at the top of the list because you need to eat clean in order for your body and mind to function optimally. We know this for fact, so you must acknowledge it and take a good look at what you are putting into your body.
- Exercise. This can be done anywhere, anytime. Even as simple as a walk. But you must use your body to keep it in shape.
- Meditate/pray. Take at least 5 minutes a day to check in with yourself and your higher power. More time if you need it, but at least 5. Life gets to busy and we get on autopilot before we even realize it. This will help you slow down and take control back.
- Make lists. After meditating/praying, take a few minutes to list out what needs to be done that day and prioritize it. Lists help keep us on track to reaching our goals.
- Visualize. This is so cool and so great I don’t know why everyone is not doing it! Read more about it here, but this tool can help manifest positive things happening for you. This is a great tool to relieve stress before a big presentation or day, to help you reach your goals and to even help heal trauma.
- Reach out to your community – communicate. Calling an inspiring friend is always a good tool to help you work through your problems, seek constructive feedback. We are not meant to go through this alone, let your community help.
- Talk to yourself. Your brain does not realize who is speaking, it just registers the words – scientific fact. Notice if you have any destructive talk to yourself and stop it, replacing it with positive, affirming words. You can control it.
- Create realistic goals. Journal, write them down, be accountable.
- Practice gratitude. When I am really feeling down, I list the things that I really appreciate. It is a quick mood changer for sure.
- Make a wellness commitment to being more conscious. List 3 things you can commit to doing right now that will change how your year will go:
These are just a few tools, but good ones to start working on. Our toolboxes are something that can constantly be growing and changing as we need some tools more than others.
I am so excited to announce that I will be working with MovingTheHumanSpirit.com to further my education on trauma coaching. They are the only school in the world that offers this very special certification and I can’t wait to share the process with you – more great tools for our conscious living toolboxes! But I’ll fill you in on that soon…
Malibu Mama Loves Xx